Is It Safe to Use Hydrogen Peroxide on the Face?

I'm referring to the 3% kind found in stores. I've heard that it is great for treating acne and can lighten the dark spots left behind by acne. However, I've also heard that it has the potential to scar so I'm torn as to whether I should try it or not. What do you think?

Hydrogen Peroxide on the Face

+1

I do not recommend hydrogen peroxide as an acne treatment or to lighten spots on the face.  It can be used to treat some superficial wounds.  I recommend seeking the help of a board certified dermatologist to evaluate your acne and tailor a treatment regimen specifically for you.

Web reference: http://www.perridermatology.com

Houston Dermatologist