Is It Safe to Get Hyaluronidase to Resolve Restalyn in the Nose?

I recently opted for a restalyn injection on one side on the tip of my nose. This area is a little less full than the other side. I had the procedure done once before and it turned out great. However this time the doctor injected it to high into an area that did not need it and now my nose looks crooked. I would like to get the Hyaluronidase treatment to remove it yet I am worried about it damaging existing tissue since that area is already lacking in fullness. I have read conflicting reports.

Hyaluronidase

+3

Hyaluronidase will disolve all hyaloronic acids, including your own hyaluronic acid present in your tissue.

It is in the supporting stuctures of tissue. can it interfere with the supporting structure of the face , yes it can. We do not know if it does or does not , no study yet.

in cases of problems with injected hyaluronic acid you can use it very carefully

Hyaluronidase use on the nose

+2

While theoretically, hyaluronidase can dissolve your own native tissue, it is not a commonly reported occurrence. Hyaluronidase has safely been injected to dissolve hyaluronic acid products in the face, including the nose. In my practice, I make sure that that it is diluted properly and then I treat the areas of concern conservatively. This approach may take two treatments, as opposed to one, but it safeguards against having the area looking too hollow or sunken in. You should have a discussion with your provider about their method of dilution and injection, as well as any experience he/she may have had with dissolving more than what was intended.

Sarmela Sunder, MD

Hyaluronidase is safe for Restylane correction in experienced hands

+2

If you go to an experienced practitioner, injecting Hyaluronidase in the nose to soften or dissolve the Restylane is safe. If you had the filler injected recently, you may still be able to mold it or flatten it out by gently pressing it with your fingers or a q-tip.

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase is safe for reversing Restylane

+1

In short, yes!! You can use hyaluronidase to "melt" Restylane (or Perlane, Juvederm) where ever it is injected.  I have used it in many patients (close to 100) with no negative adverse effects.  Despite a popular myth, hyaluronidase does not permanenly effect your own native tissue.  Any effects are temporary, as the body is constantly producing hyaluronic acid (HA) to replace the naturally degrading HA.  So, it safe, effective, and easy to use in reversing Restylane.  Feel free contact me if you need a referral in San Diego.  All the best from LA, Dr. Vartanian.

A. John Vartanian, MD
Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase for restylane

+1

for many years, oculoplastic and plastic surgeons had used hyaluronidase in local anesthetic for elective eyelid plastic surgery. This was to help spread the anesthetic without much injection or trauma. I am not aware that there were any reports of normal tissue being ruined with such treatment and it had been done for decades prior to the use of hyaluronidase to dissolve Juvederm or Restylane. Studies may be needed to investigate this.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Hyaluronidase excellent choice for removing restylane

+1

If you have already tried to mold the product into position and that hasn't worked, dissolving it with Hyaluronidase is both safe and effective when diluted properly, injected in the right area, and depth, and injected by a specialized physician (dermatologist, plastic surgeon, etc).  I have used the product without any complications.     Best, Dr. Groff

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist