Is it safe to use Hyaluronic Acid for crow feet below the center of my eyes?

I had botox for my crow feet and yes they are gone but now I have the crow feet just below the center of my eyes!! The doctor says that enough botox there can make my eye lids fall a Little. Should I use hialuronic acid, then? Please help

Other options

+2
Filler for this issue is usually not the best option. Adding additional Botox treatment to this area with a very very conservative treatment can sometimes do enough by itself to improve the wrinkles without changing the position of the eyelid. In addition there are several ways to address the quality of the skin. Namely, chemical peels or laser resurfacing in addition to a good skin care regimen around the eyes. 

Murrieta Ophthalmologist

Fine Lines Around Eyes

+2
I would suggest fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing to smooth fine lines of the lower eyelid.  This procedure will also even your complexion, and provide a degree of overall skin tightening.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronic Acid

+1
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) naturally occurs in our bodies; it is in our skin and cushions our joints. Cosmetically, it is the main ingredient in many injectable fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane. HA can hold hundreds of times its weight in water making it preferred for filling lines and depressions.

I like to inject Restylane into the undereye hollows of my patient, I find it improves the depression, dark circles and can improve some of the lines under the eye.

Many skincare products also contain HA as it is a wonderful hydrator. I would recommend SkinCeuiticals Retexturizing Activator. The Retexturizing Activator diminishes surface lines and wrinkles, smoothes coarse skin texture and improves uneven skin tone.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment is best for your concerns.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon