Is It Safe to Get a Glycolic Peel When You Are Pregnant?

Procedures when you are pregnant

+1

While I do not know of any studies looking at glycolic peels when you are pregnant, it is still important to not take any risks.  The same question often comes up with Botox.  My question is if it is really worth it for smooth skin not knowing how it will effect the baby.  The answer, of course, is no.  So my recommendation is to not have the glycolic peel.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.shaferplasticsurgery.com

What do do during pregnancy

+1

Since any topical medication, peel or chemical may be absorbed through the skin, unless absolutely necessary, I discourage and do not recommend any cosmetic treatments including peels during pregnancy.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon