Is It Safe to Use GentleMax Laser for Hair Removal if I Have Acne?

I have acne in my face and I'm planning to get laser hair removal on my face with a GentleMax laser. Will it be safe or do I have to wait to get rid of the acne? I have moderate acne around my chin and cheeks.

GentleMax laser for hair removal with active acne

+1

We use the GentleMAX laser by Candela for laser hair removal in my office. Having active acne is not a contraindication to treatment and, in fact, the acne may be improved after the laser treatment.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

GentleMAX Laser Hair Removal and Acne

+1

This laser should be fine for you.  Removing the hairs may actually help control your acne.  If you have post inflammatory pigmentation from your acne, your laser practitioner may have to use the setting for darker skin, but otherwise, you should do fine.  If you or your practitioner are concerned, try a few test spots before treating the entire area.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist