Is It Safe to Have a Full Tummy Tuck After Being Diagnosed with Sarcoidosis?

I Am 34, 5'3, 165 Lbs.

+1

Having a diagnosis of sarcoidosis does not exclude you from a tummy tuck.  However, the severity of the disease as well as any medications you may be taking to manage it will determine the appropriateness of elective surgery.   You will need clearance by your managing doctor.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Sarcoidosis and Plastic Surgery

+1

Your health and well being is far more important than any elective surgery.  Sarcoidosis presents in many grades and like most plastic surgeons I have limited knowledge  about the management.   You need a total review by your managing doctor.  Your managing doctor must talk in person with the potential plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist.   There must be a complete understanding and plan for you prior to any elective surgery.  I do not know if you will pass the safety tests.  You may?   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Sarcoidosis and Tummy Tuck

+1

The diagnosis of Sarcoidosis does not mean one can not have a tummy tuck.

It is important to review the medications you are taking: some may interfere with healing or interact with other medications or anesthesia, which could lead to complications.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon