Is It Safe for Me to Tape my Nose After Revision Rhino if There's a Medpor Implant/ear Cartilaje in the Tip?

7-8 wks ago my doctor put a trimmed Medpor implant packed in cartilage in my septum to elevate my tip.I hit my nose & it swelled up almost as it did after surgery,but nothing broke;I have been (gently) taping it overnight and part of the day to make it go back down & it seems to help, esp. in keeping the nose from fully swelling up overnight w/edema. Will I wear down ear cartilage if I do this for another 1-3 months,until the nose heals/stops swelling overnight?What if I only use this at night?

+1
I strongly recommend that you go see your surgeon. It would be a shame for you to potentially compromise the surgery since you have so much time and money invested in it. A simple quick visit to your surgeon should help answer your question properly and safely! Best of luck.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty

+1

You need to discuss this with your surgeon since he did the surgery and knows what is best for your aftercare.  He should also examine you if you still have significant swelling; especially with an implant.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Trauma to the nose after an rhinoplasty

+1

This is a question that is best answered by your plastic surgeon as your anatomy and surgical procedure are unknown.   I would not treat yourself.