Is It Safe for Me to Get a Large Undereye Vein Surgically Removed? (photo)

I have a prominent vein under my right eye which is causing the entire eye area to swell up. The vein has always been visible because I have very thin, pale skin, but the swelling started to get more noticeable a few months ago. One thing to note, I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and a history of DVT. I had pelvic and leg varicose veins successfully removed 2 years ago... do you think there's a chance I could get this eye vein stripped too? It is uncomfortable and I am upset by its appearance.

Micropuncture phlebectomy for lower eye vein

+2

One or two very timy pucture wounds can be used to take care of this - typical cost would be $1,500.

Buffalo General Surgeon

Vein removal

+2

Micro phlebectomy would be my choice to address this vein. It is quite possible that this vein could be treated with lower energy using YAG laser. I would not consider sclerotherapy for this site.

Dr. Hotchandani MD  Greenbay, Wis

Gope Hotchandani, MD
Green Bay General Surgeon

Small incision removal possible.

+1

Microphlebectomy(2mm incisions) is certainly a safe procedure for this vein.  Other options include various types of lasers and sclerotherapy.  

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon