How safe are fascia implants to the lips?

If they are safe and effective, why aren't more people getting it done as opposed to getting fillers. You see so many people, including celebrities who have the money to get the best things done, getting fillers and looking not so good. I've seen fascia implants and people actually look nice. What is the catch?

Lip Fascia Graft Instead of Lip Implants

+1

Yes, fascia grafts to the lips can give a nice result.  They have to be placed evenly and usually don't add as much volume as a lip implant.

The catch is that fascia has to be harvested from somewhere else on your body.  This means other scars and a possible donor site deformity.

To discuss in further detail, see two or more board certified and experienced plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

Lip Augmentation: Implants, Fillers, Fascia or Fat?

+1
Fascia grafts (not a "implant")  to the lips are safe and effective but it involves a separate incision and therefore scar which may be visible. Implants are a foreign bodies placed into the lips - they are predictable in most cases and highly effecttive. Unfortunately they are also firm and therefore not very popular compared to other options. Fillers do not involve this, and fat transfer is done through a small pucture wound. The key is to go to a plastic surgeon that can guide you to the best procedure for you along with a risk beneift analysis.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS