Is It Safe to Drink Flavored Sparkling Water with Invisalign Aligners In?

I was hoping to only have to switch to carbonated water, as I find water difficult to drink. I've googled the question and came up with very conflicting results. The nutrition label gives all zeroes, and the ingredients are: Carbonated water, citric acid, natural flavors, potassium benzoate, potassium citrate, sucralose, acesulfame potassium.

Only drink water with invisalign in!

+1
It is best to only drink plain, non-carbonated water with invisalign in your mouth. Flavored and sparking waters have acids in them which can seep under the aligners and sit on your tooth surface and eat away at your teeth and cause cavities.

New York Orthodontist

Stay with water with aligners in...

+1

The major issue with sugars is that they can be broken down by various bacteria and result in acid production.  The ingredients in flavoured waters have acids in them that can change the mineral content of your teeth in an undesirable way.  In order to avoid decay, it's best to avoid anything other than plain water.

Jason K. Tam, DDS
Toronto Orthodontist