Is It Safe for a Diabetic to Undergo Lifestyle Lift?

Is it safe for diabetics to undergo a lifestyle lift?

Lifestyle Lift in Diabetics

+1

In my hands, I have performed the Lifestyle Lift on many diabetics with excellent results. While diabetes can be a factor in slow wound healing, I have used the Hgb A1c as a measure of helping insure we perform these surgeries on patients at a time when their sugars are optimally controlled. Through the Lifestyle Lift Medical Clearance Process, I often communicate with the Primary Care Doctors, to help understand any other medical issues that might impact, or sometimes preclude the Lift. FInally, I help patients make sure they check their sugars post-procedure, and again work with the patients and PCP's if any issues arise.

Albuquerque Facial Plastic Surgeon

Diabetic have facelift

+1

You can do it wih proper preoperative control and intraoperative and post operaive monitoring. It is not to say there wont be healing complications under the best of circumstances.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Lifestyle lift and diabetes

+1

Uncontrolled diabetes can result in numerous post-operative complications and most surgeons will not do an elective cosmetic procedure under these circumstances. The lifestyle lift is a lower third facelift the addresses jowling and laxity in the neck. If your blood sugar is well controlled and you don't have other medical issues that would put you at risk then it is possible to safely do a facelift.

My protocol is to check your Hemoglobin A1C levels (lab work that indicates how good your long term blood sugar control is). If the A1C level is 6.5 or lower then I am confident that the patient is doing a good job of controlling their blood sugar and the risks of the surgery are mitigated. That being said, I still require that every diabetic patient have a thorough preoperative workup including blood work, and and EKG as well as clearance from their primary care physician before going forward with the procedure. It is very important that you put yourself in the best possible condition to get a great result.

Todd C. Miller, MD