Is It Safe to Have Dermal Fillers and Botox in the Same Sitting?

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) and fillers = Liquid face lift

+1

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport or Botox) and fillers are popular and common combinations to perform for the liquid face lift or lunchtime lift.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables/

It is definitely safe to have dermal fillers and BOTOX in the same setting

+1

It is definitely safe to have dermal fillers and BOTOX in the same setting. I sometimes have to use less BOTOX in the crows feet area if using fillers around the eyes. This is because using a lot of BOTOX in the crow’s feet area with a lot of fillers around the eyes can cause a prolonged swelling.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Safe to use Botox, fillers and even lasers at the same time

+1

It is not only safe, but aesthetically synergistic to combine botox, fillers and lasers at the same time, as I have been doing for years (as have many experienced physician injectors). As we age, we undergo deflation (loss of volume) descent (sagging) and deterioration (wrinkles and sun-damage), a process I call the 3D's of growing old. To combat 3D aging, you need 3D rejuvenation. Soft tissue fillers or dermal fillers for the deflation and loss of volume, Botox browlifting, mid-facelifting and neck shaping for the descent (sagging) and fractional ablative, non-ablative and IPL lasers and light source treatments for the deterioration.

This 3D treatment can result in very significant rejuvenation, typically a good 5-7 years younger, fresher appearance for the average 40-60 year old patient, in just 30 minutes. In general, i will place the soft tissue filler (dermal filler first) and then perform any molding, followed by the laser work and finally, all at the same visit, the botox. Of course there are risks to the benefits and you should see a trained, experienced physician injector after any online information and you can check out www.volumalift.com for some very talented volume and botox specialists.

Fillers and Botox

+1

In general it is safe to have both a dermal filler and a botulinum toxin done in the same sitting.  I have done this often in the past for the vertical frown lines between the eyebrows for example.  I usually place the filler product first and then immobilize with either Botox or Dysport afterwards. 

San Diego Dermatologist

Combination of Botox and fillers

+1

Combination treatment of Botox or Dysport and fillers is very common, whether in adjoining or the same area. I would rather place the filler first and if Botox will be placed in the same region, than I do that last to be sure the Botox is not displaced by the administration of the filler. If someone comes in to treat the glabellar creases (between the eyebrows, the "number 11") and they've never had Botox, I often treat only with Botox and see if their lines improve in a few weeks. If they don't improve I can then add the filler to give an immediate effect and then wait for the months needed of immobility to allow the skin creases to fade from the result of the Botox and repeated Botox four to five months later to maintain the immobility.

Botox and fillers at the same time

+1

I use Botox and fillers at the same time all the time. They work very nicely together. If I am using filler near the sie of Botox injection, I will inject the filler first so that I do not disturb the Botox when I manipulate the region after the filler is injected.

Botox and Fillers at the Same Sitting

+1

Hi Sezmo,

It depends on who's injecting it.  Kidding aside, Botox and fillers are injected during the same treatment session in a high percentage of patients.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Dermal fillers and botox

+1

It is safe to have them both at the same setting.  There may be slightly more tendency to bruise and a little swelling, but no problem.

Safe to do Botox and fillers at the same time but not always the best idea

+1

As the other replies have noted, there aren't any real safety issues. Whether or not it is a good idea though depends on where it is to be done. For example, if the concern is the vertical furrows between the eyebrows, it is often best to do Botox first and then wait a couple of weeks to see if adding a filler is necessary. If it is for 2 completely different areas then no problem.

Dermal fillers and Botox in the same sitting

+1

This combination of treatments occurs in my personal practice at 50% of the time. More patients want this combination at their visit.

From MIAMI DR.B