Is It Safe to Continue Taking Magnesium Citrate Before Breast Lift Surgery?

I am scheduled for an implant removal, capsuletopmy and a breast lift on August 17, 2012 and would like to know if magnesium would cause bleeding problems or complications. I am deficient in magnesium and also suffer from anxiety and it helps tremendously. I take 500 mg. of magnesium a day and hope I can continue taking it up until my surgery date.

+1

I doubt there have been any studies in plastic surgery patients, but it is quite unlikely that there are any ill effects of Magnesium.  It is an essential mineral, and most Americans are said to be deficient. There are studies in other kinds of surgery that show benefit (cardiac surgery) to pre-op Magnesium.

Do check, however with your surgeon and if possible the anesthesia provider so that you are not faced with a surprise.