Is It Safe to Combine Glycolic Peels with Microdermabrasion?

I have had conflicting advice on this. I have been advised to have treatments on alternate weeks, whilst another beautician advised taking the two together. I'm on seroxat. Is this o.k? Thanks

Glycolic Peels with Microdermabrasion

+1

There are a few things to understand. 1. It depends on the crystals used during your microdermabrasion. Some machines use aluminum oxide crystals, which can be rougher on the skin. Some use baking soda. And still some others are crystal-less. I don't recommend doing glycolic peels in conjunction with aluminum oxide machines, as for most people, it's too rough on the skin to have both done. The other too are less aggressive and thus, can be combined with glycolic peels as long as..... 2. The strength and depth of the glycolic peel is controlled and minimal. Combining microdermabrasion with glycolic peels means that you need a less strong peel, or it will be too much for the skin. Determine what is being done, with what type of machine, and what strength of glycolic peel. Additionally, always do peels/micros like this in an office with a physician, just in case.