Safe to Combine Breast Lift w/ Implant Exchange?

I have saline implants that are 4 yrs old, I have stretch marks from after my pregnancy,and wanted to know if having a breast lift would help get rid of some of the stretch marks? And is it safe to do both procedures during one setting or should it be done in stages ??

Combined augmentation/lift

+2
I commonly combine the augment and lift and this could be performed as a replacement of implants and a lift. However, stretch marks are not likely to improve from the surgery. You could consider shifting to silicone implants at this time. All these issues should be discussed with your plastic surgeon at the time of consultation.

Breast Augmentation Mastopexy Revision

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

I think it will be safe to do the procedures you are contemplating in one stage. However, this is not a question agreed-upon by all plastic surgeons. There are good plastic surgeons who will insist on doing the procedures separately and there are good plastic surgeons who can produce excellent outcomes in a single stage.

The combination breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery differs from breast augmentation surgery alone in that it carries increased risk compared to either breast augmentation or mastopexy surgery performed separately. Furthermore, the potential need for revisionary surgery is increase with breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery done at the same time.
In my opinion, the decision  to do the operation in a single or two  staged fashion becomes a judgment call made by a surgeon after direct examination of the patient.  For me, if I see a patient who needs a great degree of lifting, who has lost a lot of skin elasticity, or  whose goal is a very large augmentation then I think it is best to do the procedures in 2 stages (in order to avoid serious complications). However, doing the procedure one stage does increase the risks of complications in general and the potential need for further surgery. This increased risk must be weighed against the practical benefits of a single stage procedure (which most patients would prefer).
Conversely, if I see a patient who requires minimal to moderate lifting along with a small to moderate size augmentation (and has good skin quality), then doing the procedure one stage is much safer. Nevertheless, the potential risks  are greater with a 1 stage  procedure and the patient does have a higher  likelihood of needing revisionary surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastliftaug.htm

Breast implant exchange

+2

Your question is a good one.  Some plastic surgeons prefer to split up the procedures.  Most times I will combine them.  This is a common procedure- exchange of implants and breast lift.  From the photo it appears you have capsular contracture- scar tissues around your implants.  This will need to be addressed.  Discuss with you Plastic Surgeon.  Consider going to the silicone Gel implants. 

Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and placement of breast implants is safe and commonly done

+2

The combination of breast implants and breast lift is safe and commonly done in cases where patients have sagging breasts and desire larger breasts.

At your plastic surgery consultation your treatment options will be discussed

Breast lift and implants

+2

A breast lift can certainly be combined with implants, I do them all the time, but I have to say the stretch marks will not go away.  There really is nothing good out there that can improve the stretch marks.  Sorry.

Breast Lift and Breast Implant Exchange

+1
I have always performed breast implant replacement as well as augmentation at the same time as a breast lift.for the majority of my patients with excellent results. Those stretch marks on the lower pole of the breast will be reduced with skin removal during the lift procedure.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body/mommy-makeover/