Is It Safe for a Breast Augmentation, Nipple & Areola Reduction, Tummy Tuck & Underarm Lipo to Be Done in the Same Surgery?

I have C sized breasts (wanting to go to a D) with moderate size areolas & nipples with a slight sag (my nipples were once pierced, stupid I know), & I have some fat near my navel & under arm I have not been able to correct with regular exercise. I am in good health, weighing 132 at 5’3.5”. I meet with a board certified surgeon who gave the OK with an est. 4 hr. surgery and have an appointment set with a another surgeon. I just wanted even more expert opinion. Thank you for your time.

Mommy Makeover procedures take time to perform

+1

Mommy makeover procedures are quite lengthy and can take up to 6 hours to perform. As long as your plastic surgeon is comfortable staying under this time limit, then you can proceed.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Combined procedures and safety

+1

There are couple considerations for multiple procedures done at the same time.  Obviously, the safety should be our number one concern.  With several procedures, the operative time could be very long.  As operative time gets longer, complication rate (infection, bleeding) becomes higher.  In addition, your recovery will be tougher with so many surgeries all over your body.  Some patients may want multiple surgery in one session to avoid multiple recovery.  However, it will be best to limit surgery so that the operative time is less than 6-8 hours.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Combining cosmetic surgeries can be done safely

+1

Yes, as long as you're cleared by your primary care doctor, you should be okay for those procedures. 

Web reference: http://www.BaltimorePlasticSurgery.com

Mommy Makeover Safety

+1

For experienced, board-certified plastic surgeons operating on good candidates, it is safe to perform more than one procedure at a time.  We published a a research paper in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal in 2009 where we reviewed 268 of our mommy makeover combined operations and found no difference in complication rate from our low rate on individual procedures.

Web reference: http://www.drstoker.com/

Combination procedures in one setting.

+1

The combination of a tummy tuck with a breast augmentation is a very common operation. The nipple/areolar reduction surgery is a minor procedure which adds little risk to the above combination. Underarm liposuction is also fairly minor from a recovery standpoint. The plan sounds reasonable if you are in good health, a non-smoker, and are properly cleared from a medical standpoint for surgery. When consulting for these types of "mommy makeover" surgeries, it is never a bad idea to seek a second or third opinion.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Surgery time for Mommy Makeover Reasonable

+1

From what you say, your health is good and you are a small patient. With this limited information and without seeing photos and examining you, I think that the planned surgery is reasonable and could be performed safely. When feasible I try to combine surgeries in one operative session. good luck

Multiple procedures safely done at one surgery

+1

Understanding that all surgical procedures carry some risk, assuming good health (no medical history) and normal laboratory findings a healthy young lady (your age?) should be able to tolerate your planned procedure safely (in the hands of an appropriately trained surgeon/anesthesiologist).

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Combining multiple cosmetic procedures under the same anesthetic

+1

It is not uncommon to combine procedures such as those mentioned during the same operation.  Provided you are under the care of a board certified plastic surgeon and feel confident that you are well informed, I feel it is reasonable to proceed.  It is never a bad idea to get a second opinion however.  Good luck.

+1

Yes you can accomplish ALL this surgery in one operative session. But best to be FULLY informed about all risks and results. 

Tummy tuck with breast augmentation

+1

The combination of a tummy tuck and breast augmentation is very common and referred by some as a 'mommy makeover'. The surgery can usually be completed in the four to five hours recommended as the safe limits of an office based procedure. Don't forget to ask about the accreditation of the facility where your surgery will be performed, and about the qualification of the anesthesiologist who will see you through a safe procedure.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com