Is it safe to have breast augmentation, liposuction in waist area, fat grafting for buttock aug on same day?

Is it safe to have breast augmentation, liposuction in waist area, fat grafting for buttock augmentation on the same day? How long (weeks) does it take to recover/heal from these procedures? Are these multiple procedures commonly done on same day?

Multiple procedures

+1
can always be done safely and your combination should easily be accommodated.  Fat grafted areas ideally should not be laid upon to give it the best take so if you're being charged for that, perhaps another time would be better for the liposuction and fat grafting.  In my practice, when I suction areas, I gladly will graft fat if my patient wants it, understanding that it comes with no warranty or guarantee.  Not everyone will agree with this.

Safety issue

+1
It is perfectly ok for a patient to undergo this combination of procedures. As for the time frame for recovery, it mainly depends on what you want to recover for. When getting breast implants, I refrain my patients from all activities with their arms for two weeks, that includes driving and even combing your hair. After two weeks, if the recovery has been uneventful, they can return to they're normal everyday lives without lifting any weight and no exercise, talk it out with your surgeon as preferences differ a bit based on each's experience. Your doctor should walk you through your recovery period and that should ensure it goes uneventful. Good luck

Jose A. León, MD

Shouldn't be a issue...

+1
None of the procedures you mention will be terribly long or invasive. You should be able to have the three done without undue additional anesthesia or surgical concerns. Good luck

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Safe to Have Multiple Procedures?

+1
This will depend on a number of factors.  First are you relatively young, fit, and healthy?  If so, then multiple procedures done simultaneously do not present significant risk. If you are older, have medical problems such as obesity, hypertension, diabetes, are a smoker, or are taking hormones, then the risk is greater.

Secondly, does your surgeon and his anesthesia staff routinely perform procedures of this length and complexity.  If so, then you are likely at no greater risk than with a limited procedure.  If not, and if proper precautions are not taken to avoid DVT (leg blood clots), then it may be better to stage the operations.

William A. Terranova, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon