Is It Safe to Have Breast Augmentation and Brazilian Butt Lift in One Surgery?

I am 25 years old, and would like to have breast implants and a Brazilian butt lift...I have previously (3 years ago) had smart lipo and was left with wrinkled loose skin, is it safe to have lipo again for the Brazilian butt lift, is it possible for them to fix the previous job in doing so? Also the doitng the implants at the same time? Thanks!

Breast augmentation and butt lift can be performed concurrently

+2

There should be no problem undergoing a breast augmentation and a butt lift at the same time. Make sure that you are evaluated and operated on by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast augmentation and butt lift

+2

It is certainly possible to have a breast augmentation and butt lift done at the same time.  Of course this really depends upon if you are a good candidate for the procedure.

Breast aug and brazilian butt lift same time

+2

there is no problem with having the procedures at the same time, as long as you have enough fat for the buttock augmentation. As for the waviness of the skin of your tummy, this needs to be examined to give you an answer.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Combined Breast augmentation and Brazilian Butt lift

+2

Yes ,  combined operations are common.   You must have enough fat somewhere to harvest for the buttock part of the surgery.  Waviness and loose skin is tough..  It may be improved with fat grafts, undermining of the skin or tightening of the skin

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

There would be no problem doing a Brazilian Butt lift at the same time as breast augmentation.  Fat grafting can help improve the defects from smart lip, as long as you have enough fat in other areas to safely harvest.  I am correcting quite a few smart lipo defects in my office with fat grafting.  Make sure you are seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your procedures as there are quite a few doctors who are not true plastic surgeons doing smart lipo.  I personally think that is why I am seeing so many smart liposuction defects.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Possible but not advised

+1
You probably should undergo these two procedures separately primarily because of the recovery. The post-operative recovery process will most likely be much more uncomfortable for you if undergoing these two procedures at one time, since you'll need to be cautious with your breasts and buttocks. Your movement will be severely limited. For example, you most likely will be instructed to not sit or lie on your back to allow your buttocks to heal properly, but these two positions are very comfortable when you're recovering from breast augmentation. As a result, you'll probably have to stay on your side most of the time.While these two procedures can be done at the same time, I do not recommend it for the aforementioned reasons. However, speak to your surgeon to find out if it's suitable for you, since they'll have a better understanding of your health and what you'd like to achieve from surgery.

In addition, you will probably need something more than liposuction to address your loose skin. Liposuction alone will make your loose skin more apparent. Removal of excess skin is probably the most suitable way to address loose skin.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift and Breast Augmentation often done together

+1

Not only can it be done at the same time but it also makes sense to most. There is only one surgery and one post operative recovery. It is important to have a detailed discussion with your board certified plastic surgeon regarding benefits and risks.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Risk of combining breast augmentation and brazilian butt lift

+1

Although it is possible to perform breast augmentation and Brazilian butt lift at the same time, it may be hard for you to recover.

You will have limited sitting from the butt lift but you are going to want to sit down having had a breast augmentation. You may not have a comfortable position to rest.

I am also concerned about your wrinkled skin from smart lipo. If you have wrinkled skin now, more liposuction may make this worse.

Discuss these issues carefully with your plastic surgeon.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and Brazilian butt lift

+1

Doing a breast augmentation together with a Brazilian butt lift is possible but I do not recommend it. There is a strict no sitting protocol after a Brazilian butt lift that will make it very uncomfortable for you to recover if you have had a breast surgery. too.

After the surgery, you will be able to lie on your chest and side but not on your butt. If you have had a breast surgery, then,  lying on your chest might be too uncomfortable.
In addition, if you have excess skin, liposuction is not going to make the area better but most likely worse.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Combination procedures

+1

Hi there-

I am less concerned about the advisability of combining the procedures (which you should discuss with your surgeon) than I am with the success of liposuction in you, considering you say you have had Smartlipo in the past, and that it left you with skin deformities.

I would recommend you be sure you are in the hands of a surgeon Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and that he believes this is in your best interests.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS