Is It Safe to Get Botox on my Forehead a Week Before Rhinoplasty

+1

I would have no issues doing a Rhinoplasty on a patient who had Botox in the forehead a week prior but you'd have to ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon that question to be sure he/she OK with it.  

No problem with Botox before rhinoplasty

+1

Of course I would check with your surgeon, but Botox or Dysport to the forehead area shouldn't be a problem a week before rhinoplasty.   

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox before rhinoplasty

+1

There should be no problem to get Botox a week before rhinoplasty. That said I would recommend to postpone it till after the surgery since there maybe side effects from the Botox that may present as the flu and may cause to postpone the rhinoplasty.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Botox before rhinoplasty

+1

This should not be an issue, but I agree that it should be discussed with your surgeon.  Best to communicate well.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Botox and rhinoplasty

+1

Although I can see no complication that would create a problem for the surgeon performing your rhinoplasty from having the botox a week prior, you should check with your surgeon to be sure they would not be upset for one reason or another.  In rare cases, botox of the forehead could cause drooping of the eyebrows and with that the eyelids. Rhinoplasty can cause swelling of the lower eyelids and if the upper eyelids droop from having had botox, it may give you a smaller aperature through which to see if both the upper and lower eyelids swell.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox and rhinoplasty

+1

You are probably best to wait to have Botox until after your rhinoplasty.  I would not do it a week before surgery.

Botox before Rhinoplasty

+1
There is nothing unsafe about having Botox before a rhinoplasty but, in terms of optimizing the result, I would recommend that you put it off until after the surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Botox and Rhinoplasty

+1

While this would be safe, the more important question is if it's ok with your rhinoplasty surgeon. Although minor, altering what the surgeon is expecting you to look like, may alter their plans for your rhinoplasty. Additionally, the rhinoplasty may have different results or a possible different outcome too, and you may want your Botox placements altered a bit. I think you should just wait until after your rhinoplasty procedure (and any swelling from that) to do the Botox treatment.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox before rhinoplasty

+1

Hello.

Having Botox a week before a rhinoplasty procedure is perfectly safe to do. You just have to take the necessary precautions that you normally would with Botox.

Dr. H

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

That is the perfect question for your rhinoplasty surgeon.

+1

I would be pretty irritated with someone who would do this.  I really don't recommend this.  Please consider waiting until after your rhinoplasty.  However, that is just my opinion.  The opinion that really matters is that of your surgeons.  Please cal his or her office and ask them.  They will tell you honestly how they feel about it.