Is it possible/safe to get Botox injections for my under eye wrinkles?

Sure...anything's possible...

+2
but you need to be evaluated by a competent dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine if that's the best option...probably is...but just a little dab will do...

Botox for lines around and under the Eyes

+1
Botox is fabulous for the lines around the eyes, better know as "crow's feet".  However, when injecting under the eye you can have swelling and side effects that could make you look worse.
Be sure to consult a board certified dermatologist for the best results who has experience in Botox.

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox around the eyes

+1
Thank you for the question. The answer is not straightforward, however. Botox is a great treatment option around the sides of the eyes ("crow's feet").  When the injections are placed UNDER the eye, some unintended problems can occur -- including puffiness, changes in the smile, and even a droopy eyelid.  VERY small doses should be attempted at the first treatment in this area.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Under Eye Wrinkles

+1
While Botox is a very effective treatment to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet around the eye, it is typically not injected into the under eye area. For under eye wrinkles, a dermal filler such as Juvederm , Restylane or Belotero will be a better option to fill the hollow. Non-ablative or ablative fractionated lasers are better for the fine lines. Sometimes a combined approach is necessary.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
Its best you seek a board certified physician for an in-person evaluation, if the wrinkles are deep you may wants to consider a filler such as Belotero 

Botox for under eye wrinkles

+1
A small amount of Botox in the lower lid can help open the eye and soften fine lines in the lower lid. This is safe; however, if the patient has problems with puffy eyes in the morning or severe allergies, I avoid this injection because it can make these symptoms worse. Procedures, such as Fraxel or Thermage, can be used in those cases (and anyone with under eye wrinkles, for that matter).

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Undereye Wrinkles

+1
Yes it is possible to use neuromodulation to treat under eye wrinkles, but I find that most people benefit more greatly from peels (TCA) or lasers (such as Fraxel or co2 resurfacing) and filler in those areas.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

+1
Yes, it is common to use Botox for eyelid wrinkles, but usually for the lower outside (lateral) aspect or Crow's Feet areas. If you have wrinkles in the central or inside (medial) lid skin, other modalities such as skin care with growth factors, retinols or procedures like chemical peels, laser resurfacing or microneedling may help thicken the collagen and resurface the skin and reduce the wrinkles.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles

+1
definitively, small amounts (1 unit) of Botulism toxin under the eye at the level of mid pupillary line will and including the crows feet benefit the wrinkles under and around the eyes.

Maritza Perez, MD
New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles

+1
There are different types of wrinkles that occur under the eyes.  If the skin is craping then Botox is generally not effective and you need to look for a surgical option or tightening option (e.g. laser or radio frequency).  If it's more the fine lines then Botox can be very effective although about 15% of people will get some puffiness after the procedure that can last a few weeks.
Good luck

Seth Kates, MD
Worcester Dermatologic Surgeon