How Soon It is Safe to Become Pregnant or Trying to Get Pregnant After Having Restylane/perlane Done?

I have 1.0 cc syringe of perlane for non-surgical nose job last week. We also plan to try to get pregnant again. I am not pregnant right now. But how long should I wait to be on the safe side? I had Juvederm ultra plus done on me about 10 months ago for the same purpose and it lasted around 6-9 months. I'm not sure if perlane would have the same longevity. Please advise. Thank you very much

You can get pregnant 5 minutes after having Restylane® or Juvéderm!

+3

You can get pregnant 5 minutes after having Restylane® or Juvéderm®!

There is no reason to think that treatment with either product would affect a pregnancy, so it you happen to be pregnant when you are treated with Restylane® or Juvéderm®, don't worry about it a bit.

Same thing goes for BOTOX® -- I have patients who come in for their BOTOX® [for example, to control hyperhidrosis or headaches] a month BEFORE their baby is due, because they know that after the baby arrives they will be very busy.

Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting Pregnant After Restylane

+2

No problem here!  It could be same day, same night!  There are no contraindications to be concerned about.

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

Juvederm use and Pregnancy

+2

Although the use of Juvederm is not FDA-approved during pregnancy, you should be able to become pregnant following Juvederm placement without concern for endangering the fetus or the course of your pregnancy.

Melanie D. Palm, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

No solid proof - just be safe

+2

While there is no solid proof of any problems or side effects, I would ask your OB and trust your intuition.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy and fillers

+2

No one knows if fillers have any impact on pregnancy. My "gut" feeling is that it has little to no effect, but I can not guarantee that.  Ask you ob-gyn as well.  Good luck.

+2

I find there is no relationship between fillers as mentioned and pregnancy or attempts at pregnancy. 

+2

Because the safety of fillers like Restylane and Juvederm are unkown during pregnancy, It's always safest to just wait until they are all dissolved about 9 months after the injections.  

Considering that hyaluronic acid is a product that is found through out the body, there should be no issue.

+2

The fact is that no one has tested this product formally for its safe used during pregnancy.  We cannot scientifically say if it is in fact safe or not.  It is not recommend that you have any type of filler or botox while pregnant.  Having had the product and then becoming pregnant does not seem to be a problem.  I advise my patients who are actively trying to conceive or are pregnant to avoid all cosmetic services. Once nursing is complete, it is again reasonable to be treated.  If you discover that you were pregnant while getting one of these services, it is unlikely to be a problem but we strongly recommend discussing with your personal fertility specialist, obstetrician, or neonatologist.  Rather than having to fret over having a cosmetic service and what it might do to your soon to be conceived baby, just wait.  You have enough to worry about.