Breast Implant Rupture After a Revision Lipo - Safe to Undergo More Surgery?

I had botched vaser lipo back in October and an unsuccessful revision surgery only about a month and a half ago. well, no joke, my 12 year old breast implant just ruptured about two weeks ago. Since I have to go in for the implant, I wanted to get a tummy tuck and fat transfer to fix the botched lipo results. Is it safe to go back under the knife right now? Thanks

+1

If it is only 6 weeks after your revision surgery, I think it is too early to consider a tummy tuck procedure. You may just want to replace the saline implants under local as a quick outpatient procedure.

Tummy Tuck Timing after revision lipo

+1

Hi there-

It would not be possible to give you a definitive answer without examining you, but generally speaking (and assuming that the liposuction was performed on your abdomen) I would not recommend undergoing a tummy tuck so soon after liposuction.

It would be important for all swelling to have resolved prior to the abdominoplasty.

With regard to the safety of anesthesia, provided you are a healthy individual, there should be no problem undergoing anesthesia again.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck and redo breast augmentation

+1

At a month out after a redo liposuction it may not be soft enough to perform the tummy tuck at this point while you are having the implants exchanged. You would have to be carefully evaluated first, more than likely I would wait 4-6 months to work on the belly.