Is It Safe to Apply Crest Whitestrips?

Hi im thinking about buying the crest whitening strips since i cannot visit the dentist in the next few days because appointments are full and my prom is on its way...do you recommend them, are they actually safe,and can i try them.I heard a lot of stories about hurting your gums and burning them etc. if you use them, but I do not really know if its true or not, can you please assist me?

Are Crest Whitestrips Safe?

+2

Absolutely!  You can rest assure that Crest Whitestrips are safe and in many cases work well to whiten your teeth.  The results are highly variable and you will likely need more than one box.  Carefully follow all the directions.  Don't be disappointed if you do not get the results you want,  professionally whitening after your prom can get you better results, but at least your smile will be a little whiter for your big day.  As far as burning your gums, it happens, but usually to people who don't follow the directions perfectly.  (If it says 1 hour, then just one hour).  If you do get a sore spot, place a little vitamin E oil on the are and it will soothe it.  Good Luck!

Long Island Cosmetic Dentist

Are Crest White Strips Safe?

+2

Crest White Strips are safe to use.  My suggestion would be to read the instructions and make sure you keep the strips off the gums as they can be very irritating.  If you do suffer a small burn do not panic, it will heal.  Be advised that you will probably not see all that much of a result from them

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Is It Safe to Apply Crest Whitestrips?

+2

Some people can get teeth whitening results from Crest Whitestrips...but not everyone. If you can't get a dental appointment and you want to do something, this can be an option. But one time probably won't do much. It will take a few strips to get any worthwhile results.

Be very careful if you have sensitive teeth. Many people get really sensitive after teeth whitening if it's not done correctly.

Also, some people have white spots or white bands on their teeth. These areas can become extra bright during any whitening process. If you have this style enamel, don't use the strips right before a social engagement, as some places can be blotchy.

If you can't get an appointment from your dentist, then at least have a quick phone call. A good cosmetic dentist may already have some photos of your teeth in their files, so they could give you really specific advice about what will work for you and what won't hurt you or make you sensitive.

Scott Greenhalgh, DDS
Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Crest Whitestrips Are SAFE

+2

Yes, you can safely wear Crest Whitestrips. Just follow the directions carefully, and try to keep the strips on your teeth ONLY, not on your gums. If some does run onto your gums, do NOT panic. If it causes a slight burn, it will heal very quickly.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Can I Whiten My Teeth With Crest White Strips?

+1

In theory, Crest White Strips should work for you; however, I will relate a story I just experienced in my office just a few weeks ago. A long-time patient of mine who came to see me four days before her wedding told me she didn't think she had time to come and have me bleach her teeth for her before her wedding so she used Crest White Strips. She is a young woman with beautiful healthy teeth. When she showed me her teeth they were BLUE. Not only were they blue but they had a distinct line 3/4 of the way down the teeth. She swears she used them exactly as directed. My advise, be VERY careful.

Good luck!

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Cosmetic Dentist