Is It Safe to Apply 10% Glycolic Acid Lotion Ph 3.5 Twice a Day on Your Body Daily & then Use Amlactin 12% Lactic Acid Ph 4.5?

every other day? or is that too much exfoliation for asian skin? Would that & daily use of 4% hydroquinone for 4 months be enough to get rid of chickenpox pigmentations on the body? I really don't want to go thru a peel as I've seen people with scary looking burns. But if I must add one to get rid of the dryness and the uneven skintone, which peels and what % are safe for Asians? Would you need to do a peel monthly to maintain or can you maintain results with AHA lotions & alpha arbutin? Thanks!

Safety of Using Products

Thank you for your question. Depending on multiple factors including your skin type, skin condition, and skin sensitivity, exfoliation would vary. There is a higher risk of irritation and post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation so products should be used cautiously on skin of color. I  would suggest you consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to evaluate your skin and determine your best course of treatment. I hope this helps.

You should really get professional advice regarding the right chemical peel for Asian Skin.

Asian skin is very sensitive to hyperpigmentation and the wrong peel could cause you some serious trouble.  Get professional help from a doctor who has lots of experience treating Asian Skin.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon