Is It Safe to Apply 10% Glycolic Acid Lotion Ph 3.5 Twice a Day on Your Body Daily & then Use Amlactin 12% Lactic Acid Ph 4.5?

every other day? or is that too much exfoliation for asian skin? Would that & daily use of 4% hydroquinone for 4 months be enough to get rid of chickenpox pigmentations on the body? I really don't want to go thru a peel as I've seen people with scary looking burns. But if I must add one to get rid of the dryness and the uneven skintone, which peels and what % are safe for Asians? Would you need to do a peel monthly to maintain or can you maintain results with AHA lotions & alpha arbutin? Thanks!

Safety of Using Products

+1

Thank you for your question. Depending on multiple factors including your skin type, skin condition, and skin sensitivity, exfoliation would vary. There is a higher risk of irritation and post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation so products should be used cautiously on skin of color. I  would suggest you consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to evaluate your skin and determine your best course of treatment. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

You should really get professional advice regarding the right chemical peel for Asian Skin.

+1

Asian skin is very sensitive to hyperpigmentation and the wrong peel could cause you some serious trouble.  Get professional help from a doctor who has lots of experience treating Asian Skin.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon