Is It Safe and Common to Use Silikon 1000 As a Filler for the Nose? (photo)

Hello there. I have a consultation with my surgeon this Thursday for rhinoplasty. I've been told before that I have a low radix and and a minor hump. I've been researching Silikon 1000 as a nose filler, and it seems it has mixed results. I know it's not FDA approved, but can I still bring it up to my surgeon ? Or will he be rather appalled ? It seems like its not really a common thing here in the Chicago area. I think I'm a pretty good candidate .. but take a look for yourself. Thanks !

Silikon 1000 Ideal Filler for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

While the pictures are dark and a bit out of focus, it still appears you may be a good candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty using liquid injectable silicone (Silikon 1000, LIS).  In our practice, we only use LIS for non-surgical rhinoplasties as it is precise and permanent.  However, being permanent, we are conservative and even minor corrections require possibly a second or third treatment.  In the hands of a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in using LIS, LIS is an ideal filler which can be used to optimally correct nasal defects. I have attached a link to our photo gallery of some of our non-surgical rhinoplasties with LIS. 

Silikon-1000 may be safely used by experienced physicians for natural-looking, permanent nasal bridge augmentation.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photo:

You're a borderline candidate for straightening your nasal bridge with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. The upper bridge, or radix area, has loosely attached skin as compared to your lower bridge. And you have a fairly deep depression above your small bump which typically necessitates several treatments.

You might require 3-4 silicone treatments to achieve a desired result, since the radix area is the most difficult to obtain instant-correction.

You may want to request computer-imaging to get an idea of what to expect with your radix raised with silicone injections: you could also see what you would look like with the bump removed following well-performed rhinoplasty surgery. This would be the be helpful in your decision making process.

I've attached a link to a photo demonstrating a similar result in one of my gracious patients. Her bump is smaller than yours and her result was achieved after 3 treatments.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't use fillers instead of a rhinoplasty

+1

It looks as if you are a great candidate for a rhinoplasty. Do not use fillers instead - especially one not approved by the FDA. We do great noses and have done them for years, don't mess with unapproved stuff and fillers in a nose.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD