Safe Acne Treatment While on Fraxel Laser?

My family doctor won't prescribe antibiotics to control my acne while I'm doing Fraxel Laser treatments because he says they will cause sensitivity to light and the laser won't work properly.

Is there any natural vitamins or anything I can take to prevent acne through my treatments or anything topically I can use?

I want to do whatever I can to prevent any breakouts because I have to stop topical Retin A and I hear you can breakout after Fraxel

Other Options

+1

While it might be wise not to take Tetracycline or one of its derivatives during Fraxel treatment. There are a hosts of other treatments, both Rx and OTC.

Zithromax is becoming one of my top choices in patients for whom I cannot use a Tetracycline. Plus, due to its exceptionally long half life, my patients only have to take ten pills a month.

If you are female the anti-androgen, Aldactone, can be used as can birth control pills such as Yaz.

Topically, while it might be prudent to avoid the Retinoids (and I am not so sure about that), benzoyl peroxides, topical antibiotics, and aczone can all be used safely. OTC products which are apt: Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acids, niacinamide, and sulfur.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist