Is It Safe to Do a 50% TCA Peel on my Arm?

I have very dry skin and I want to improve the texture of the kin on my arm. I tried 25% but it did nothing. When I say my arm, I mean my whole arm length.

50% TCA is notoriously unpredictable and may scar. Lower percentages of TCA are much safer

+1

50% TCA is notoriously unpredictable and may scar. Lower percentages of TCA are much safer. Arms can be nicely improved using lower strengths of TCA artfully applied by a well trained peeling expert such as a dermatologist. See link below

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

No

+1

I would recommend either a layered peel of Jessner and 25% TCA, or my favorite for arm rejuvenation is the Fraxel Dual. Unbelievable results in 2-3 sessions.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Don't...

+1

If it is texture you are looking for, it is better to apply a body lotion with lactic acid (Lac-hydrin) or urea (Carmol-10). Applying TCA really won't cause hydration or change your texture caused by dryness. Applying TCA at 50% is very risky also as it can lead to scarring given the high concentration.

Hassan Galadari, MD
Dubai Dermatologist

Jessner's + 30% TCA does great for upper extremity peels.

+1

Arms, forearms and hands do very well with 2-3 chem peels of Jessner's + 30-35% TCA done about a month apart for about $1000-1500 each session.  50% TCA is used for spot treatment of skin precancers and cancers. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon