Can a Saddling Issue Be Corrected at 9-10 Months Rather Than Waiting a Full Year?

I am about 1month out from a primary rhinoplasty. My concern is that I have a ridge along my bridge where the bony part ends and what I feel is a depression just below that ridge. I would want to address this sooner than later so that I don't look like I have a boxer's nose by the end of the year! Couldn't some support via onlay or spreader grafts be done by the 9 month mark? Could this be from a weakened septum? I had septoplasty at the same time and cartilage was harvested from my septum. Thx!

In some cases, a depression on your nose after Rhinoplasty may be improved with an Injectable Filler treatment.

+1

I read your concern. Photos would be helpful for provising you with advice. In many cases, a depression in the nasal bridge after nose job surgery may be improved without further surgery, using fillers. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Photos would help with the evaluation but the nose can be modified, using a Revision Rhinoplasty anytime after 6 months from the time the previous Rhinoplasty was performed.  

Can Saddling be Corrected 9 Months after Rhinoplasty?

+1

One month after your rhinoplasty nobody knows what your nose will ultimately look like, and you already want to plan a revision. The operation and the timing of that procedure should be done when healing is complete or at least stable. A physical examination would be necessary to determine the cause of your problem.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is best to wait about a year to undergo revision surgery. The tissues are often swollen and less pliable during the early post-op period and the nose is very delicate and it is best to wait.

Timing of revision rhinoplasty

+1

The main issue when it comes to planning a revision rhinoplasty is to make sure that the nasal healing has stabilized. It also allows for the post-operative scarring to soften which makes re-entering the nose less difficult.

Without seeing your nose, it's hard to say what the best way is to address the depression is. Onlay grafting or spreader grafts are options. Given you prior septoplasty the question would be if there's enough residual cartilage there to harvest versus needing to go to the ear or rib.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD