Saddlebags Lipo - 1 Week Later

I had my saddlebags lipo done seven days ago, but I do not see any difference I ask my Doctor and he said that he removed only 500cc. I think is too little since I have huge saddlebags. Have any one done it?????

Liposuction of saddlebags

+1

There are women who obtain very nice results with liposuction of less than 250ccs of suprnatant fat removed with liposuction.  It depends on your build, bone structure, muscle and amount of fat preoperatively.  Swelling can make it look no better than before liposuction until time reduces the engorgement.

Liposuction

+1

Seven days after surgery is too early to assess your result.  There is certainly swelling present which will take several weeks to resolve.  You should notice improvement in your contour over the next several weeks.

Andrew P. Giacobbe, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - 500 cc's, 7 Days, No Result Yet - Should I Be Worried?

+1

Hi Any in Miami, FL,

Well, the good news is that it is much too early - 7 days - to make an assumption about the result that you'll get.  I tell my patients that it's 4-6 weeks for 85%, 3 months for 95% and 6 months for all.  Or even longer in some cases.  So what you look like at 7 days, particularly for the saddle bags (some parts show results faster, like the love handles - also called the flanks or hips) is not necessarily anything to be concerned about.

On the other hand, 500 cc is not that much.  It depends on how tall you are, how much you weigh and what you looked like preoperatively.  On some patients that would be too much, on some just the right amount.  For most of my patients, though, that would not be enough fat removal to see the difference they want (again, in all fairness, it depends on whether or not that includes the fluid that was injected and many other factors that I can't include in this discussion).

So you'll need to stay in touch with your PS and go with what he or she says concerning your recovery.  You may need a touch up at some point - I've heard of up to 5% revision rate - but, either way, it's MUCH too early to be concerned about that.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Saddlebags

+1

At one week you still have a lot of swelling. You will need to wait about six weeks or sometimes longer to see your final result. Dont get discouraged at this stage. Depending on your size, 500 cc of fat removal can show a significant improvement.

Ernest D. Cronin, MD

Lipo

+1

way too early to tell what your results will be like. 250cc per side would give nice improvement for many patients. if you had 500cc per side, that should do very well. be patient and check back with your surgeon.

Michael Hueneke, MD