Do I have saddle nose deformity? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 7 months ago. i asked for hump to be reduced but not fully. doctor instead put small thin bone on my nose. i want this bump to be shaved, but is that a good idea? i dont want a scooped or long nose, i want a straight bridge w/o any scoop...

Saddle nose?

+1

It takes up to a year for the swelling to leave a nose after surgery. Give yourself more time. It does not look like you have a saddle -- Wait before doing anything.

Question of saddle nose deformity.

+1

The tip of your nose is in front of the bridge. The question is for you to decide do you want the bridge elevated more which will require grafting. I would need to see better photographs to give you a proper answer.

Saddle Nose Deformity

+1

Hi,

You may have a minor saddle nose deformity. Its difficult to say without examining you in person. If you do have one, you are better of have the saddle augmented with cartilage grafts.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS