Is This a Saddle Nose Deformity? (photo)

had rhinoplasty three months ago and am devestated by the appearance of my nose. it looks like my bridge/bottom of nose doesnt connect. i went for a 2nd opinion and the dr said there was no step off from what he could feel. please help

Is This a Saddle Nose Deformity?

+1

At 3 months you still have a lot of swelling confined to the inferior aspects of your dorsum and your tip.  This can create the illusion of depression.  You do not appear to have a saddle nose deformity.  Your tip is also reduced from previous photos and questions.  Give yourself more time to heal. 

What is a 'saddle nose' deformity?

+1

A saddle nose deformity refers to a nose where the bridge just above the nasal tip has sunk in. The top bony part of the bridge usually is unaffected and just the cartilaginous mid-third of the nose has collapsed. Its also called a 'boxer's nose'. It usually is caused by trauma or surgery although a small minority are due to severe inflammatory conditions such as Wegener's. The deformity is best seen on a profile view. Looking at your pictures, I don't think you have a saddle nose deformity.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Saddle Nose Deformity

+1

Depending on your aesthetics, this could be considered a saddle nose deformity. Your nose will change over the next 8-10 months; wait before making any final judgements but the bridge can be augmented if you want a stronger nose.