Will I Be Sacrificing the Fat That Would Be Potentially Used for Harvesting if I Work out the Try to Burn Intra Abdominal Fat?

I have been trying to figure out the best way to get in shape for my surgery without compromising the benefits of my fat transfer. When I hold my stomach in or flex my stomach muscles its very flat other than the sagging skin. I have a hernia and diastasis. Is that causing the bulge? Is it intra abdominal fat? I want maximum result of my bbl AND my tt. should I do ab exercises if the majority of my fat is store in my stomach and back? . I am currently 148lbs, 5'3".

+2

I am not sure that you need to lose any weight at all.  The visceral fat component is likely small at your height and weight.  The diastasis correction will contribute to the flat tummy.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Brazilian butt lift

+1

If you are thinking of losing weight, then it is a good idea to do that first before having a brazilian butt lift.

Lose weight or not??

+1

If you are planning to lose weight, I would suggest going ahead and doing it prior to surgery. Unless you are planning to lose 30+ lbs, I think you will have enough fat for a Brazilian butt lift. I am glad you are also planning for a tummy tuck, you do have extra skin, and without reducing this, I think you would be unhappy with the results. 

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon