Two Months Post OP, No Slope on my Profile and a Bump on my Tip, Will This Get Better? (photo)

I don't see any kind of slope at all, at first I saw a slight slope after the cast off came off now its pretty straight and masculine looking.There is also a slight bump on the left side of my tip, it protrudes outward so when I put on makeup its really noticable since it somewhat cast a shadow so it looks dark. Will this get better? I know its to soon to totally tell what the outcome will be but I'm not liking what my nose is becoming.

Evaluating slope of nose after rhinoplasty

+3

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your rhinoplasty results thus far.  It may be that you will choose to undergo a revision rhinoplasty later on once all of the swelling has gone away.  I suspect the bump on the tip of the nose will not improve.  As to the shape of your dorsum, there is a chance that as some of the swelling goes away more of the shape that you desire will come into view.  At this time I would continue to wait and follow your plastic surgeons advice.  Taking photos every 1-2 weeks may also help you judge whether there are any changes occurring with additional healing.

Dr. Remus Repta

Two Months Post OP, No Slope on my Profile and a Bump on my Tip, Will This Get Better?

+3

Dear Japyne,

thank you for your question and photos.  I do see the bump at the tip.  This will probably not get better with time, it appears to be a prominence in the cartilage.  There may be swelling on the dorsum, but a lot of this swelling has dissipated. Full swelling goes away at 6-12 months so you have some time to go.  No experienced surgeon will do a revision for at least this amount of time.  

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

What Size Silicone Implant Should I Opt for in Order to Get a Full B or Small C?

+1

Sorry to say you need 9 months before considering a revision. Seek in person second opinions. Best to you. 

Two months too early to make a pronouncement about the outcome of a rhinoplasty.

+1

Based on the photograph I don't think you're going to get the result you want. Nevertheless two months is much too early to make final pronouncement.

Rhinoplasty Post Op

+1

You didn't say when your surgery was performed, but it takes time to see results.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon, so you will have a better understanding of what to expect with the healing process.   Good communication with your surgeon is very important for a good recovery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD