should I trust the same doctor to perform a Rhinoplasty Revision? (photos)

I had a rhinoplasty on May 28th 2013 and I'm not at all pleased with the results. I'm worried he will be irritated with me since he offered to fix it for free but I have doubt if he will understand what I want.

Not satisfied with rhinoplasty

+1
Your nose is still evolving and can do so for months longer. Also, it is not quite clear from your photos what it is that you do not like. It is always best to have honest, open discussions with your own PS. But most of all be patient. And do not hezitate to submit more photos with more detailed quewstioins.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's not obvious from your photos why you're considering revision rhinoplasty surgery.

+1
Your photos are not a substitute for an in-person examination, and it;s not clear from your narrative what you would like to change about the appearance of your nose. Feel free to re-ask your question with pre-op photos along with a description of what you do not like, and what you are looking to achieve.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
Final results after rhinopasty may take from months up to a year or longer. It is best to be patient and follow up with your doctor during this time to express any concerns. Revisions should be avoided if possible for one year.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty by the Same Surgeon?

+1
Discuss what you don't like about your nose. If your not satisfied with his response get a second opinion. It does not sound like he's irritated with you if he volunteered to do the revision for free.

Revision Rhinoplasty Choices

+1
Thank you for the photos and your questions. Rhinoplasty is a technically challenging procedure, and subtle changes in the results are likely even up to a year afterward.  Revision rates are quoted anywhere from 5-10%, due at least in part to the unpredictability of the healing and settling process.  All dedicated rhinoplasty surgeons have had to perform revisions of their own work. The key element you mention is trust. If you have a difference of opinion about what needs to be done, or do not have a good relationship with your surgeon, the results may not end up the way you want.  In this situation, I would recommend seeking a couple consultations with other surgeons.  You can then make a more educated decision.  Best of luck moving forward!

#San Francisco Rhinoplasty

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon