Will This Ever Stop? (photo)

every time I breathe in my nose looks like I'm purposely sucking inwards and when I exhale through my nose my tip and nasal passages look puffy..? it's also uneven at the tip.... I had surgery may 28 is there anyway to fix this or will I have to get a revision?

Rhinoplasty and breathing problems

+1

Dear Japyne,

You are still swollen and during that time, the inside of your nose is also swollen, narrowing the passages and causing changes to the way the nose moves when you breathe

Give it a little time and it should improve

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Will This Ever Stop?

+1

If after 6 months this has NOT improved than discuss with your surgeon. But now you still have swelling. 

Post op nasal surgery

+1

Your nose still has visible swelling which I would expect just two months after surgery. The breathing may improve as the swelling goes down, but an in person exam really needs to be done to determine why you are having airway issues.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Collapse of the internal nasal valve

+1

What you are describing is a collapse of the internal nasal valve.  This can be surgically corrected with spreader grafts.  This type of graft will expand. The top of the A frame and allow greater passage of air.

Weak valves after rhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to assess in these photos and a proper examination would be helpful. From your description, it sounds like you have external valve collapse. There is still some swelling in the tip of your nose and the asymmetry and valve collapse may improve as this swelling goes down. I would wait at least 9 months to 1 year before considering revision of the tip and treatment of the valve collapse.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD