My Nose is Really Swollen but Am I Still Going to Get the Look I Want?

I feel like my tip is almost droopy looking. I thought it would look more upturned especially when I got hit this open rhinoplasty procedure ten days ago. I know I'm being impatient and ridiculous since it have even been two weeks but will my nose (and especially tip) get smaller and more upturned?

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

It's normal for swelling to occur for months after your procedure. Don't worry about it for now, if you have any concerns, you can always discuss with your surgeon.

Post Rhinoplasty Nasal Swelling

+1

At just 10 days post rhinoplasty, it is normal for the nose to still be quite swollen, especially the nasal tip.  Check with your surgeon first, but, nasal compression exercises and/or  nasal tip taping may help speed the healing process.  However, give it time, it may take 6 to 12 months to see the full results of a rhinoplasty.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Don't worry about the appearance of your nose 10 days after rhinoplasty.

+1

10 days is much too early to be evaluating the results of a rhinoplasty. It will take months before the final result is achieved.

Early changes after a rhinoplasty

+1

It is very normal to have early changes, swelling and asymmetry following a rhinoplasty. Do not get too anxious now as it will certainly change over time.  Follow the recommendation from your plastic surgeon.  

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It is the norm rather than not to have a swollen nose after surgery. This will take months to heal and for the swelling to come down.

Final Result After Rhinoplasty? #nosejob

+1

Hard to say without seeing your picture but being a Rhinoplaty surgeon here is what I will tell you. You have so far to go before you should be stressed out about your final result. The swelling takes at least 6 weeks for 95% resolution and the last 5% can take a year. So just sit back and let the process happen. You have to be a patient, patient.

Richard J. Brown, MD