Keloid Scar from Nostril Piercing, Will It Affect Placement After Rhinoplasty?

I have two scars from previous nostril piercings, will these scars move from the placement they are in now?

Scars from nostril piercing will not change after rhinoplasty.

+2

The body of the nostrils will not be affected by a rhinoplasty. Any piercings will remain the same place.

+1

The areas of the nose that are typically pierced do not appreciably change position following rhinoplasty. It is unlikely that your piercings would move following nasal surgery. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The piercing should not substantially change in placement unless pierced on the far lateral aspect of the nostril and alar base surgery is performed.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA