Sacramento Tummy Tuck Doctor Recommendations. This will be the biggest surgery of my life and I want quality work.

I live in Oregon but I am spending 3 months with a friend in Sacramento. I have been searching the internet for a quality doctor in Sacramento, CA to perform a tummy tuck. Any success stories out there?

Board certification is the paramount criteria when selecting a surgeon for your abdominoplasty

+2

Hi J.D.

Dr. Horton has provided a good answer to your question and her comments are all things that should be considered in selecting a plastic surgeon. One point I will add is you should begin first and foremost by being certain that the surgeon is board certified. An organization such as the American Board of Plastic Surgery has a thorough and rigorous process to assure the competency of their diplomats. An abdominoplasty is one of the more invasive and traumatic cosmetic procedures performed and board certification should provide comfort in knowing that the surgeon is well trained.

Beyond competency, skills are advanced by experience and you may want to ask your surgeon how often he does this procedure and how long he has been in practice. As a final comment, plastic surgery is an art as well as a science and you may want to get a feel for his or her talent through examples of their work.

I hope these comments will provide some assistance to you in finding the right surgeon. Good luck and best wishes to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Sacramento Tummy Tuck Doctor Recommendations

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point for qualified board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. Richard Clark and Dr. Thomas Stevenson are possibilities. Consult with 2 - 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Do your homework before selecting a Plastic Surgeon!

+1

A tummy tuck is a wonderful procedure and one of my very favorite operations to do!

For women who have completed childbearing, an abdominoplasty makes up the abdominal portion of a "mommy makeover".

For anyone considering surgery, my advice is always this:

Do your research and homework before deciding on a Plastic Surgeon!

The internet is often a good start, but word of mouth and referrals from other doctors is also a good source of information. Think about how you found your dentist, a realtor, your childcare giver, a plumber... You will be trusting your body to this person! Do your 'due diligence'.

Following your online research, visit a number of surgeons in person - bring a list of questions with you, and bring a friend to act as another listener and objective observer. Ask to see before and after photos - both of the best results, but average results. Ask to speak to former patients about their experience with the doctor.

There should be a "good fit" between you and the physician - in terms of personality, aesthetic goals for the procedure, office staff atmosphere, etc.

Often, making the trip outside your immediate area is worth it. If you don't find someone directly in your town, consider going to a larger cosmopolitan area for treatment. You will probably stay overnight in the hospital or surgery center after a tummy tuck, and you are usually seen 3-5 days after surgery in the surgeon's office for your first follow up visit.

I see many out of state patients for surgery. I recommend my out-of-town patients stay in the near vicinity (within a 3 hour drive) for at least 2 weeks before traveling home.

Best of luck to you!

Karen M. Horton, M.D., M.Sc., F.R.C.S.C.

Karen M. Horton, MD