Are there any qualified doctors in California who perform this type of procedure?And around how much would it cost?

I live in NorthernCalifornia & have finally saved up enough for this procedure,I'd like to find a dr who'll use Radiesse the 1st time for a nonsurgical nose job,not as a last resort/second option.I've a nasal hump that's been bothering me since I was very young.I've researched the matter & I've noticed that most drs use Restylane as there's less chance of infection & it doesn't last as long.Well that's my issue,I'd like it to last as long as poss without being perm.9-18 months,as Radiesse says.

Restylane and Juvederm Voluma versus Radiesse for nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1
Juvederm Voluma will last as long as Radiesse, if not longer, for nonsurgical rhinoplasty.  The great advantage that Juvederm Voluma and Restylane have over Radiesse is that they can be completely removed at any time.  Having the flexibility to remove it - whether you don't like the appearance, there is a complication, or you decide to have a surgical rhinoplasty instead, is very powerful.  

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1
The success of injections for nasal contouring depends on good patient selection. Not every nasal deformity can be corrected in this fashion but for the right problem it works like magic with no recovery. Radiesse is long lasting but can be problematic if not placed deep enough. Although an off label use, Voluma (a hyaluronic gel filler similar to restylane and juvederm that lasts for up to 2 years) may be an option and has the advantage of an enzyme that can remove it if effects are not perfect. We have experience with this in our Northern California practice and it holds great promise.

Stanley G. Poulos, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Restylane® Is Better Than RADIESSE® for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1
Olivia,

This is a great question. RADIESSE has properties that perform the best for some areas. For example, the stiffness and thick consistency make it the best for chin augmentation, high cheek bone filling, and (occasionally) nasal dorsal augmentation. However, Restylane is better for the nose in general for several reasons:

1. The products last the same amount of time in the nose. As a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon in San Francisco, I have seen patients whose nasal results extend to 9-12 months with Restylane. Some of this is due to collagen stimulation caused by both fillers.

2. Restylane is reversible. You never know when you may want to reverse the product, and it's invaluable to be able to do this.

3. Restylane can be used along the dorsum and in the nasal tip.

4. RADIESSE causes a lot of swelling immediately after injection, making it more difficult to be precise.
That being said, there are times when I will use RADIESSE for the bridge. It can be helpful in building a very low bridge when Restylane doesn't have enough oomph, and if there is a patient that really wants RADIESSE, we can use it.

I invite you to view the below video from my YouTube channel to learn more about this procedure and to see before-and-after photos. If you'd like to schedule a consultation at either of my offices in Northern California, feel free to contact my practice by clicking the link below.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is best done by an experienced injector who is knowledgeable about the anatomy and vasculature in the nose.  Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a common procedure in my office.  During consultation, 3-dimensional computer imaging is performed to help you visualize what you may look like afterwards.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can help and guide you towards achieving the results you seek. 

Kimberly Lee, MD

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty with Radiesse Filler

+1
Tricky question as if you are complaining of a nasal hump then most patients want a reduction. If you want to camouflage it by augmenting the dorsum of your nose then a filler would be appropriate. Radiesse is generally used as it lasts longer than most and is easily malleable (able to be shaped) at the time of injection. Infection though possible would be very uncommon. Most Plastic Surgeons and Facial Plastic Surgeons would offer this treatment.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Radiesse for a non surgical rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Olivia95,

• We prefer to use Restylane or Perlane because when it goes away, it does not leave a trace
  • If you were ever to decide to get a surgical rhinoplasty, Radiesse particles can be left behind and make the tissues more sticky and difficult to dissect (causing more issues for you too)
  • In addition, if you wanted fine tip work or any in a sensitive area, there is a small risk of blocking up a blood vessel
  • With Restylane/Perlane, you can dissolve it right away to avoid serious complications, Radiesse is not as easily dissolvable
  • They will also last about a year the first time around

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Non-invasive rhinoplasty

+1
We do Radiesse injections for non-invasive rhinoplasties.  You would need and in-office visit or at least some photos to see if an injection rhino is good for you.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD