Are there any qualified doctors in California who perform this type of procedure?And around how much would it cost?
Doctor Answers (7)
Restylane and Juvederm Voluma versus Radiesse for nonsurgical rhinoplasty
Restylane® Is Better Than RADIESSE® for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
This is a great question. RADIESSE has properties that perform the best for some areas. For example, the stiffness and thick consistency make it the best for chin augmentation, high cheek bone filling, and (occasionally) nasal dorsal augmentation. However, Restylane is better for the nose in general for several reasons:
1. The products last the same amount of time in the nose. As a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon in San Francisco, I have seen patients whose nasal results extend to 9-12 months with Restylane. Some of this is due to collagen stimulation caused by both fillers.
2. Restylane is reversible. You never know when you may want to reverse the product, and it's invaluable to be able to do this.
3. Restylane can be used along the dorsum and in the nasal tip.
4. RADIESSE causes a lot of swelling immediately after injection, making it more difficult to be precise.
That being said, there are times when I will use RADIESSE for the bridge. It can be helpful in building a very low bridge when Restylane doesn't have enough oomph, and if there is a patient that really wants RADIESSE, we can use it.
I invite you to view the below video from my YouTube channel to learn more about this procedure and to see before-and-after photos. If you'd like to schedule a consultation at either of my offices in Northern California, feel free to contact my practice by clicking the link below.
You might also like...
Non Surgical Rhinoplasty with Radiesse Filler
Radiesse for a non surgical rhinoplasty
- We prefer to use Restylane or Perlane because when it goes away, it does not leave a trace
- If you were ever to decide to get a surgical rhinoplasty, Radiesse particles can be left behind and make the tissues more sticky and difficult to dissect (causing more issues for you too)
- In addition, if you wanted fine tip work or any in a sensitive area, there is a small risk of blocking up a blood vessel
- With Restylane/Perlane, you can dissolve it right away to avoid serious complications, Radiesse is not as easily dissolvable
- They will also last about a year the first time around