How can I massage them to try to fix all of this until I can get back to the MD who was off today for the holiday? (photo)

Juvederm injected on 11/08. It is 11/11. They are too big, they are uneven and they have lumps. They have a ski slope affect so in a side profile I look like a duck. This is all what I was afraid of. I had Boltero last time and they were perfect.

Unhappy with Juvederm Lip Injections

+2

At two days post treatment there can be significant swelling. It is best to wait two weeks to see the final result, but in the meantime, you can try gentle message. Do be aware too aggressive massage could cause further swelling. If you are unhappy with the results, it is best to return to your doctor for evaluation. He/she can inject an enzyme to break down the filler.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Juvederm

+1

Juvederm pulls a lot of water to itself right after injection which means it can swell more than other fillers, particularly in the lips and thin-skinned areas. All fillers will have some swelling and bruising, and this can last up to 10-14 days. Personally I ask people not to massage the filled areas as you can move the filler around, making things much worse. Usually I don't recommend any alterations are done for 10-14 days so we can determine what's filler, and what's swelling. You don't want to end up chasing your tail.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD