How Soon Can I Have Implants Removed and Made Smaller? (photo)

I had BA with beni lift done sept 17. I told my PS i wanted a full B small C.He went with 330/360 saline under the muscle.he said i had a good amount of breast tissue and saline would look the bestHe keeps telling me Im still swollen but these are too large for me.Hes said wait 6 mo.Im afraid my skin will be all stretched out.I was a 34small B prior to breastfeeding.after my breast sagged and stretch marks.im only 26.how soon can I safely have them made smaller and will I require another lift?

Revision surgery

+1

I agree that you should wait about six months. You need smaller implants and the Benelli converted to a vertical mastopexy with a lollipop scar.  Sorry for your bad experience with the Benelli procedure.  I never perform it because of problems similar to what you have found.

Saline implants can be ruptured to minimize skin stretching

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  If you underwent placement of 330 cc and 360 cc implants you would go up 3 ½ cup sizes.  If you started out at a B you would end up an E at least.  Since your implants are saline , it is possible the implants could be ruptured to decompress them and reverse the stretching of your skin.  This may be the best thing for you if you are planning on having them removed and smaller ones placed.  I recommend a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.   Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

How Soon Can I Have Implants Removed and Made Smaller?

+1

There is a good deal of wrinkling as a result of the circumareolar lift and swelling that will have to resolve.  I would do the replacement and the lift revision at the same time in 3 to 6 months.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Exchanging implants

+1

Since you just had surgery a few weeks ago, it is probably best to wait 3-4 months before undergoing a revision to a smaller size.  The tissues have to heal first.

Revision Breast Augmentation

+1

You will not significantly change in size much.  What will change is shape: your saline implants will drop, reducing upper pole fullness and increase sagging. I have some concerns with the line of thinking of your doctor.

1. Small b to full b/small c, and he chose a 360 cc implant.  It seems too large.  Was he trying to fill up your sagging breast, knowing that the circumareolar lift he performed would be insufficient?

2. He told you saline would 'look best'.  Saline implants do not look better or 'work better' than silicone gel implants. In fact, saline implants potentially look worse, especially with time, as they have a more profound negative effect on your tissues that includes stretching and thinning compared to silicone gel.

Unfortunately, your implants are already sitting fairly low. There are significant pleats around your areola, indicating an aggressive circumareolar lift, yet your areola are still low.  This may change, however, as your implants continue to descend into the subglandular space.  I believe that you will continue to feel to big, and that ultimately you will want smaller implants, preferably silicone gel filled, and a more appropriate formal lift to maximize breast shape. Please visit a few cosmetic breast surgery experts, skilled in all aspects of cosmetic breast surgery, including lifts, reductions, and revisions, and get second opinions.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

+1

I think it would be good to wait at least 3 months to make sure all the changes in size and shape that happen after surgery have completed. You should not need another lift. Once all the swelling is done and shortly before your next surgery the doctor can have you into the office and put a needle into one of the implants and draw the saline out until you see the size you like. That way he will know what size of new implants to use. But do it right before surgery because within a few days the implant will be flat.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD