I had a breast lift and augmentation six weeks ago. My right breast is bigger than the left. Is that normal?

I am 6 wk post surgery and everything went well . I had a BL and BA with 225cc silicone under the muscle .It seems like my left breast settled but my right still sets slightly higher and is bigger. I don't have pain or feel anything weird. Beside the movement of my implants when I lift my arms. I still have a bruise that is going away from surgery. It is the size of 2 quarters . Is this normal ? Will my right breast go down in time ? I have an appt to see my PS next week .

Asymmetry after breast augmentation with left at 6 weeks is common

+2
You're still early in recovery and the higher breast implant which looks larger should continue to drop over the next 2-3 months.  Please see her plastic surgeon and ask if breast implant displacement exercises and a pole wrap may help.

Breast Lift with Implants

+2
Hi,
Yes see your PS this week for sure.  Be certain nothing specific is going on.  Yes bruising is normal.  Yes it takes months for implants to settle.  You may want to get an elastic breast band to wear over you higher right breast and run it under the left to "remind" the right side to settle in.  It is normal, however, to have some differences.  Can't really say more without seeing you.  So keep your appointment this week. All the best, Dr. Joe

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

+2
It is too early to evaluate your results. Swelling could mean a problem and should be addressed by your surgeon. Most often patients who are right hand dominant have a firmer and larger breast on that side. The good news is that subsides with time in almost all cases.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Breast augmentation, breast lift

+2
This is very early in the post-op phase.  I would certainly discuss this with you surgeon.  Rest assured, the problem can be corrected.  Most likely it will resolve on its own with a little time.

Neal Goldberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants 6 Weeks Recovery

+2
Thank you for your question. Pictures would be helpful.

At this stage in recovery, it is difficult to say.  This could be persistent swelling on one side, a seroma, or something else going on.

To be sure, return to see your surgeon or see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.
.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS