What are good things to buy for after surgery?

Vitimins. supplements. Fruits?

BBA

+1
I don't recommend anything in particular.  You should ask your PS if they recommend anything.  Some people believe in certain supplements.

+1

A healthy diet is always advisable . Fruits and vegetables provide essential vitamins for skin healing . You may use a multivitamin and some extra iron supplements ( if more than one area of surgery is done ) .

Also add proteins to your diet ( eggs,meat,protein shakes).

Make sure to keep yourself hydrated all the time .... lots of fluids specially after liposuction.

Best wishes ,

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Breast Augmentation Healing

+1

A normal healthy diet is always recommended, in addition I have found that my patients do very well with the VitaMedica Surgery program for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after surgery. The surgery program includes a high quality multivitamin that does not have any vitamin E which is a blood thinner, and has higher doses of vitamin C plus arnica montana and Bromelain which reduces bruising and inflammation. Check with your surgeon, I am sure that he/she has recommendations for you. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Post Op Healthy Choices

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best in order to evaluate your health.

That said it is important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who will provide you with good information to aid in a healthy recovery. In my practice, we advocate living a healthy lifestyle regardless of whether you are a surgical patient or non-surgical patient. Healthy patients always do much better. As far as healing, I recommend Anica which is an over the counter herb that helps reduce swelling and bruising.

It is important to eat a well balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetable. Caffeine and alcohol intake should be at a minimum. Getting a good night sleep is always beneficial.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1

For my patients who ask this I suggest Arnica and Bromelain for bruising and swelling and Florastor as a probiotic to help protect your tummy from antibiotic assosiated diarhhea

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC