Is It Possible for a Dr to Tell You They Are Giving You 400 Cc Implants and Really Give You 350? (photo)

I am looking at my old paperwork since I am getting a revision..I have never been satisfied with my size after my surgery . The mentor card I found says 400ml on one size and 350 on the sticker..could I have been lied to ?

Is It Possible for a Dr to Tell You They Are Giving You 400 Cc Implants and Really Give You 350?

+1

They are 400 cc implants. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant size

+1

You have 400 cc implants. The rest of the numbers are catalog numbers and serial numbers but the implants are 400cc gel.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

+1

Obtain and read the operative report!!! If used saline implants than most likely there were filled to 400cc but only the op report can inform.. 

How do you know which breast implant you have?

+1

350-7400 BC 400 cc 14.5 cm 3.2 cm RSZ-7400

This is your implant : 400 cc; Smooth ;Round; Gel . It is on the Mentor Website

Implant card information

+1

Thanks for your inquiry.  Your card shows the serial numbers of 400 cc implants .  The "350" is the Style Number.  Good luck with your revision surgery. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Size of implant confusion

+1

Of course an error could have been made discuss your concerns with the MD that performed the surgery

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Your record indicates a 400 cc implant

+1

The sticker has a reference number that indicates a 400 cc smooth round implant was used.  The 350 is a prefix, not a size.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Decoding Mentor breast implant catalog numbers

+1

The 350 I see in the photo is a catalog number prefix and does not represent the size. Some of the implant stickers have only the catalog number, and some include the size as well. The 7400BC code means the implant is a smooth gel of classic description, and imbedded in the number is the size, 400 cc. This does not support the assumption that the wrong size was used. Mentor only sells implants to board certified plastic surgeons which, in my opinion as a board certified plastic surgeon, points to honest and ethical treatment.

John Cassel, MD

400 cc implants

+1

The implant id number represents the implant volume and it looks like they are 400 cc implants.  

Sticker shock

+1

It looks to me that 400cc implants were used. The mentor code starts with 350 which is the style and the implant size is the last number '400BC." If you want calling mentor and confirming the serial number will help to settle the dilemma but I think this is just a case of reading a lot of numbers and not knowing which one is the right one.

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS