Currently 400 Cc and Would Like to Go a Little Larger. Is 500 & 550 a Good Size?

I would like to increase size I am 5/4 134 lbs. I got my implants 4 yrs ago and at the time I was only 110 lbs .I have since had a baby so I would like to full in top portion of my breasts.is 550 a reisonable size?

Maximize projection with simultaneous lift

+1

Since you had a baby, you said you have lost some fullness of the top portion of your breasts, which is not unusual.  Instead of going to a larger implant, the alternative would be going to a lift procedure.  However, most women object to a lift procedure because of the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions.  For that reason, there is a new technique that was developed called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  This technique does not require the placement of implants unless you want to go to a larger cup size.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

I typically recommend 100 cc to 150 cc increase to notice a difference in size, so this may be reasonable.  Whether or not this translates into superior pole fullness will depend upon the techniques utilized during the surgery.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

There are many considerations to look at besides just volume. In general I find that patients need to add in the area of 150 - 200 cc more volume to see an obvious difference in size after surgery. Selecting the correct implant profile and diameter that fit your body will be important in achieving the result you are looking for. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in breast augmentation. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Is 500 & 550 a Good Size?

+1

At your height and weight you would need to add at least 100cc to see a significant change. Just remember increased volume means increased weight and gravity does not push increased weight up, it pulls it down.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD