Looking to Get Breast Aumentation, Do I Also Need a Lift? (photo)

I am a wife and mother of 2. One breast is larger than the other and it is hard to cover it up, or make it even in clothes and swim suits. I measured recently and I am about a 32D, But as you can see a uneven D. I want to get an augmentation, but I want to know if I need a lift? My breast do sag, but not a lot. Can I get away with just and augmentation and have them look right? If I do need a lift do I have to go lollipop or am i a candidate for a periareolar? Thank you!

Is A Breast Lift Needed?

+2

The only way to correct your asymmetry is to do a breast lift.  The volume difference can be lessened with two different sized implants if you do not mind having one breast lower than the other.  Implants alone will not elevate the breast but will simply fill them out.  The best option is to do an augmentation with the same sized implants and then a slight reduction on the left with a bilateral lift (Mastopexy).  This will leave you with the classic mastopexy scars but the overall result will be much better both in and out of clothing.  The areola diameter will also be reduced and the periareolar scar will be hard to see since it will be between the dark color and your lighter skin color.

Breast Lift Necessary?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.  It is difficult to give you accurate advice without in-person examination, but given the degree of breast asymmetry and the fact that your arms are elevated in most of the photographs posted, it is most likely that you will benefit from breast lifting as well as breast augmentation surgery.

Best to seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Ask to see lots of examples of patients who have had similar procedures performed. Be careful that you do not choose your plastic surgeon based on a promise that breast lifting  would not be necessary.

Communication of your goals and a full understanding of the potential risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting will be important. You may find the attached link helpful to as you learn more about the procedures available.

Breast augmentation without lift after pregnancy is not for everyone

+2

A surgeon who can physically measure and examine your breasts will be the best to tell if you need a  lift and if so what kind, but just from looking at your images, I would say most likely you would be happier if you had one.  Not only do you have asymmetry between your breasts, but you have ptosis, or sagging, of both, and your areolae are fairly wide and lax.  A lifting procedure will address all of these things.  I would expect that you might need a vertical, or lollipop, at least on the left, so be prepared for a discussion about a few different strategies.  Think about your priorities with your breasts prior to consultation, so you can have an intelligent discussion with your surgeon about your goals and how to reach them.  Good luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Do I need a lift?

+1

Based on your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a lift with augmentation.  Both of those procedures will definitely improve your asymmetry and droopiness.  It doesn't look like you will need a full lift so that's good news!  I think that a lollipop/vertical lift will do the job nicely for you.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Necessary? #breastimplants

+1

This is always hard without an in person exam. You do have a significant amount of asymmetry and I never promise that implants alone, even different sizes will correct thinks. Usually some type of lift is needed to account for the difference. It is so important that you communicate your goals and paint a picture to your surgeon of what you want your final outcome to be. I never am shy to tell a patient that they need incisions to give them the final rejuvenated result they desire. I you need a lift and do not get one you will only be frustrated. I understand nobody wants scars but at times they are needed to get the result that you desire. Make sure you seek a board certified plastic surgeon from the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has experience and great results. Multiple happy patients is a good sign.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Looking to Get Breast Aumentation, Do I Also Need a Lift?

+1

If you are happy with the size of the larger breast, a very small implant can be added to the smaller breast.  Alternatively, different sized implants can be used.  I think that a lift will be best.  The type will be determined by some extent by the volume of the implants chosen.  Find a plastic surgeon with credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and breast augmentation procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best choice would be a breast augmentation with a vertical breast lift

+1

There are two things to consider.  1.  Do you want your breasts to be larger than they are now and 2. are you concerned about the asymmetry and the size of your areola.  There is definite asymmetry of your breasts with more sagging on the right side.  The best choice for you would be a breast lift combined with a breast augmentation if you want to be fuller in the superior quadrant of the breast and a larger size.  If you use a 300 cc Low Profile implant with a base wide enough to fill the base diameter of your breast combined with a vertical mastopexy you should be about a 34 D when finished.  If the right breast is larger than the left then some breast tissue can be removed to improve your symmetry. 

Asymmetric breasts

+1

are very normal but if you're desiring to have them look more symmetrical, you will need a lift (minimal reduction) on your larger, droopier side.  As for lift technique, either would do but I have a strong preference for lollipop scars as the periareolar technique diminishes your projection whereas the lollipop will improve it.  This is done quite frequently and the results are certainly closer to even.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast lift?

+1

You may very well need a breast lift and removing some tissue from the larger one or putting different implants in to add volume can help.

Breast augmentation or lift

+1

I would strongly advise a lift with your breast augmentation.  In fact, I would not perform an augmentation in you with out one.   You will have a much better shape with a full Mastopexy as opposed to a donut.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD