Are These Side Effects Normal After TT and Lipo? (photo)

I recently had an abdominoplasty lipo/tummy tuck 2wks ago. However, I cant stand up straight, my lower abdomen feels like there's some sort of foreign body(ex:thick wide rope or band). It is hardas a rock to the touch. It seems as if my pubic area is raised up high significantly as if the surgeon tried to cover up less skin due to not having enough skin to suture back up. I am also feeling intermittent excruciatiang burning to my right leg around the thigh area. ER said i had actelctasis.no clot

Post operative symptoms after Tummy tuck

+1

I am so sorry but I can't see how your abdomen looks from attempting to view your photos which are too dark.  It would appear that you are very sore from your recent surgery, and I would advise you to continue to stay close to your Plastic Surgeon until you feel comfortable with your recovery.  Your  obvious concerns  about your symptoms  are worthy of continued evaluation by you and your Plastic Surgeon .

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Are These Side Effects Normal After TT and Lipo?

+1

Sorry but the under exposed photos are of no aide. Best to seek in person second opinions. But all these issues seem within the recovery phase. 

Complication after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Unfortunately, the quality of pictures you have submitted are not sufficient to be helpful. Based on your description,  I would advise you to meet with your plastic surgeon for evaluation.  What you have described may be “normal” but only your plastic surgeon will be able to rule out complications.

Pain after tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your question, it is hard to tell form your pictures if you are having a problem.  Please see your plastic surgeon to show him/her personally.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Post-surgical issues

+1

You should really talk to your doctor. It sounds like you need an evaluation to make sure things are OK.

Your pictures are dark and not clear but your description of your problems is normal

+1

two weeks after surgery things will feel tight and it is too early to make any conclusions about the final outcome of your surgery.

The burning sensation in your leg can be an impinged nerve (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve) 

please see your plastic surgeon about this as early treatment has better outcome than a delayed treatment.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Problems 2 weeks post-TT?

+1

Based on your description and the photos, everything you describe can be completely normal 2 weeks following a tummy tuck and liposuction (of the abdomen, I assume). 

Let's start with the incision.  For the first 6-8 weeks, scar tissue forms in the incision, which, in turn, gets progrssively firmer, more raised, and darker.  This is 100% normal, and the appearance in the photos seems to be "par for the course".  You can try Vitamin E oil, scar massage, or one of the silicone gel scar-fading products to help with this, but discuss it with your doctor first.

The "hardness" can be the result of swelling or the muscle- tightening sutures that are usually placed, or both.  Best to check with your doctor, though, to make sure you don't have a fluid collection (seroma) which could be causing the problem, and is treatable.

Not being able to stand completely staight is the result of your surgeon accomplishing what you wanted, namely tightening the abdomen as much as possible.  This will get better over time as swelling goes down and tissues give a little.

Finally, the position of the mons/pubic area does not appear to be abnormally high in your photos.  Perhaps the photos don't do justice, or perhaps things are just higher and tighter than you are used to.  Again, I suggest you discuss this with your doctor.

Best of luck.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon