S/p 2 Weeks Breast Revision, Felt a Pop and Silicone Implant Has Small Inferior Outpocket?

Outpocket of implant only occurs with muscular contraction, will this heal? Size 1" x 3/4" on 500cc implant.

Breast implant revision

+1

I am a bit unsure what you mean by an "outpocket"?  DO you mean displacement of the implant? More information would be needed to discuss this.

Breast Implant Revision

+1

I am sorry to hear that you have concerns following your breast revision. It is very difficult to determine exactly what the problem is without knowing what procedure was performed. Small contour irregularities are common but if you had a sudden change, it might represent a small hematoma or fluid collection and not really the implant itself. It would be best to have your plastic surgeon evaluate the problem.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Complication after Breast Augmentation Revision?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the apparent complication you are experiencing.

What exactly is happening depends on exactly what procedure was performed.  This is why your plastic surgeon should examine  you and provide you with a diagnosis as well as  treatment options.

For example, if internal sutures (capsulorraphy) was performed for you ( during the revisionary surgery),  then the “pop” you felt may have been a suture breaking.   This  scenario may explain the  palpability of the breast implant in this area. If this is the case,  it will likely not heal on its own. Further surgery may be necessary.

Again, the above explanation is just speculation;  follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to answer questions after direct examination.