Ruptured Saline Implant. Is it Ok to Wait 4 Months Before Removal?

My left 1994 saline implant ruptured, to take both out and do just a lift is 8900. I did find a plastice surgeon that will remove them and do a lift for 4000. The problem is I can"t get in to her for surgery until Dec.4. 4 months from now. The ruptured implant is uncomfortable and looks unsightly. Will my local Dr. deflate the 350 cc until surgery. Is it unsafe to wait that long? I am very nervous about it staying in this condition. I do have spasms as well. Thank you BarbS

4 month old ruptured saline filled implant

+1

It is not unsafe to wait 4 months to have a ruptured saline filled implant removed. In this short period of time there should be no harmful effect.  

Saline Implant Deflate Options

+1

I am sorry to hear of your discomfort with your implant rupture.   With saline implants, they can be safely removed in an office setting under local anesthesia.    If you are unsure of a breast lift, or do not have the financial resources to undergo surgery at this time, office implant removal will relieve your discomfort and give you the necessary time to save for a breast lift.   Who knows, you may be very satisfied by just having the removal!!

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Deflated implant

+1

To leave the implamt in for 4 months is not a problem.It could be easliy removed under local if you could fine soemione to do it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Ruptured Saline Implants.

+1

Greetings,

Your unilateral deflation can be addressed with removal  or replacement of your implants, with or without a lift. I would not offer to needle deflate the remaining implant in my practice.

Delaying removal of the implants, without infection or pain, occurs when patients need to electively schedule their care.

Candidly, the cost of anesthesia and the operating room (in a safe, certified outpatient facility) are substantial for your surgery. Are these services included in your low $4000 fee?  You might also carefully examine your Dec. 4th surgeon's training and plastic surgery board certification.  

I believe that if something seems too good to be true, often it offers unwanted surprises.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon