Ruptured Implants and Bladder Infection

I've had saline implants for 18 yrs. After 12 yrs, 1 of them ruptured after a mammogram. I had them re-done and had a breast lift. 5 yrs later, same one ruptured after mammogram. I had it replaced last year but after it ruptured, I got a horrendous bladder infection. Docs said-no correlation. Now, my left implant's valve is poking up and hurting. My surgeon said I have to have it out. Fine but now I'm having the SAME bladder symptoms. I feel like I'm going to die. There must be sme correlation?

Bladder Infection Not Related to Breast Implant rupture

+1

Although it seems that history has repeated itself, Bladder infections are not related to having a spontaneous rupture of your saline breast implants.

Breast implants and bladder infections

+1

I cannot make a connection between these two separate condtions and believe that they are not related.

Ruptured implants and bladder infections?

+1

As far as I know there are no associations between bladder infections and implant ruptures.  I think it is  just a coincidence.

Ruptured Implants and Bladder Infection

+1

It is very unlikely there is a correlation between bladder infection and rupture of a breast implant. Implant rupture can be related to many other causes such as trauma , damage to the implant itself, damage to the implant valve, wear and tear but not bladder infection.

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast Implants DO NOT cause Bladder Infections

+1

Regarding: "Ruptured Implants and Bladder Infection
I've had saline implants for 18 yrs. After 12 yrs, 1 of them ruptured after a mammogram. I had them re-done and had a breast lift. 5 yrs later, same one ruptured after mammogram. I had it replaced last year but after it ruptured, I got a horrendous bladder infection. Docs said-no correlation. Now, my left implant's valve is poking up and hurting. My surgeon said I have to have it out
. Fine but now I'm having the SAME bladder symptoms. I feel like I'm going to die. There must be sme correlation?"

Not sure why different implants keep deflating with mammograms on the same size But I have never seen nor heard of a causal correlation between breast implants and bladder infection. Bladder infections are commonly related to local contamination or having stones.

Dr. Aldea

Implants & Bladder Infection

+1

Although you can never say never (or always) in medicine, the likihood of any relationship between your ruptured implants and your bladder infections is remote.  It is somewhat concerning that you have had 2 implant ruptures following mammagrams.  If your implants have been placed over the muscle, you might want to consider moving to a submuscular location.

John Whitt, MD

Bladder infection and implant problems

+1

Minnie,

Without having the benefit of a knowledge of your full medical history and exam it is difficult to say. There can be a correlation between and infection anywhere on your body (bladder infections included) and the developement of a capsular contracture. I'm not sure why you need to have your implant removed unless it risks coming through your skin. It probably would be a good idea to see a urologist who can see why you are prone to developing these bladder infections.

I hpe this helps,

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS